Your answer might be yes, no or maybe…and that is okay.
If you are just starting out in your photo organizing business you could be feeling a bit overwhelmed at all the different ways to develop your business. There is so much to learn!! Ask yourself these 3 questions:
- Do I have a desire to grow my photo organizing business?
- Am I committed to making this business a career and not a hobby?
- Is learning and perfecting my trade important to me?
Assuming all 3 questions are answered with a resounding “YES”, then you need to think about what you are currently doing to develop your skills or to keep your current skills sharp which will help you fine-tune or develop your training strategy.
APPO’s 5th National Conference is one of your best training investments. At the end of March 2017 we will all be together (the first 125 of us that is!) in Cleveland which is 9 months away. If you are a new APPO member who has set personal and financial goals that you are working on right now, you may want to create a training strategy for the rest of 2016. Here are 3 things you can include in your training strategy:
- Read: Leaders are readers and we want you to be a leader in your market! There are dozens of wonderful online sites to follow, one of my favorite is Entrepreneur. Check out this article “Warren Buffet Knows It. Reinvesting in Your Business Can Lead to Huge Growth” which reminds us all of the importance of building a firm foundation with a strategy for business growth.“Investing isn’t about wasting money on unnecessary expenses, it’s about applying resources in a strategic manner that will result in higher profits and help you to reach your long-term goals of continued growth and success.”
- Photo Organizing Resources: APPO has a wonderful library of training topics and webinars so maximize your member benefits. Figure out what you want to do by working on your own photos first and let that guide you to what you want to dive deep into. It is easy to overwhelm yourself in the beginning so definitely schedule time to listen and learn. Technology changes quickly and it’s impossible to know it “ALL” or learn everything at once. Here is a mini master training we recorded on How to Build a Solid Business Foundation that’s worth listening to.
- Platinum Photo Organizing Training: Sherra and I are hosting an 8 hour Platinum Photo Organizing training session in Nashville on October 4th, 2016! If you have put together your business plan and it includes building a clientele of VIP clients and offering them luxury services this training is for you. We will help you with workflow, language choices, ideal client profiles and much more. Seize this unique opportunity to get training in a small group of like-minded peers in October! You will be positioned beautifully to attend our digital photo organizing (DPO) intensive training to learn even more and do some power networking in Cleveland in March!
“Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” ~Unknown
We want to know what your training strategy is for the rest of 2016! Share in the comments below…