I hope I am not the only one that got distracted by the incredible offerings via online shopping. I don’t know about you , but I hit the “submit order” button a few more time than I planned! The great deals were too good to pass up both for my family and my business.
If I did not already own a copy, I would have also purchased Photo Mechanic. Last week Sherra and I shared our Platinum Training Highlights. We also mentioned our sponsors one of whom was Camera Bits….better known as Photo Mechanic. We have been working with Photo Mechanic for over 3 years and they graciously sponsored a lunch at our training in Nashville and supplied all the USB drives (loaded with a trial version of their software). For those of you attending the Digital Photo Organizing Intensive at the APPO conference you will get to take home one of these too!
As photo organizers we have a lot of tools to choose from and we thought this was a perfect time to share why we use Photo Mechanic. Set aside learning curves (which all tools have) and here they are:
- It’s fast! It is a huge time saver and best known as a browser or workflow accelerator.
- It’s cross platform! You can use on a Mac & PC.
- It’s affordable! You purchase a one time license and can install on up to 3 computers. I have found this helpful to have on both my laptop and desktop. I also love that it is tangible software, versus cloud based.
- It’s destructive! That sounds terrible, but here is why it is OK. You do not have to import and export your files to have the changes embedded in the file. This saves time and prevents duplication issues that can occur with import and exporting.
- It’s powerful. You can cull, rename, rate, and embed metadata all with quick key commands.
There are probably a dozen more things that I could add, but these are our favorites. Once again, thank you Photo Mechanic for your support of photo organizers and a special shout out to Mick Orlosky who has helped us so much with this great software!
For those photo organizers who use Photo Mechanic, what is your favorite feature?