It is the evening before your first client appointment and you are calm, cool and collected – right? Well you should be. You have done your homework, asked the right questions and have your bag packed with the right tools. Tools? I have a bag packed with paper, pen and my notes – but what else do I need?
No need to panic, we have your back!
Here are 10 essential tools we recommend bringing with you to every photo organizing appointment.
- 2 pairs of cotton gloves (one for you and one for your client)
- Small full adhesive sticky note pads (several colors)
- Rubber bands – to keep groups of photos together
- Index cards – to use as dividers
- USB flash drive with the Client Forms Bundle on it so you can easily use the family and individual timelines with your client
- Microfiber cleaning cloth (we all know how dirty photos can be)
- USB card reader – useful to have when working with camera cards especially if they have multiple card sizes
- Stabilio All Pencil – for writing on the back of photos
- Dental floss (white, unwaxed) – can be used to lift photos stuck in magnetic albums
- A first visit thank you gift. I have a personalized thank you card that I have filled out in advanced – in it is my business card and my own version of the ABC’s of photo organizing printed professionally on heavy card stock. Could be white gloves, microfiber cloth or colorful notepad for story notes.
If you are reading this before your client appointment and do not have time to get everything suggested, just improvise with what you have. Everyone reading this probably has a recommendation on some additional tools. Please share in the comments below your single favorite “must have” in your toolbox.
P.S. Speaking of tools…if you are attending the APPO conference next week in Orlando, you are invited to attend an exclusive small group session on Friday evening
where we will demonstrate Studio Forms & Client Forms focusing on how to use the pricing estimators to give you more confidence in your pricing strategy!
If you get tongue-tied every time you get asked, “How much do you charge?” then this demo is for you. Space is very limited so email us to reserve your spot today.
Subject line: I’M ALL IN to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll email you back with more details!